« Home | What Wonderful People » | Proud Mum Moment! » | Tagged by Sam!!! » | Birthday Cake and Ego Trips! » | See The Difference! » | A Little Bit Better » | The Big Day » | Throwing a Wobbly » | Feeling Better Now »

'Away In A Manger'

Hello all!

Well I have been treated to 2 runs of the Infant (or KS1as they prefer to call it now) Christmas play. Jade was Mary, I was so so so so chuffed! The first visit was with my mum, bless her, she had been up all night, she is staying at the hospice at the moment, so she only had about an hours kip then she came along. We had second row seats, but there was no-one in the seat in front of us, so we had as good a view as the people in the first row. Jadey was sat at the front, next to Brandon... I mean Joseph! They all looked so cute! Then Mrs Mayer, the headteacher came up to mum and I and congratulated us on how well behaved Joe and Blessing were! She said that he might be their Joseph one day, and I pointed out that he already is!

The second helping was with John, the proud dad! Joe wasn't quite as well behaved, but a hell of a lot better than the other little ones! Mind you, the play only started at about 6.15 so he was a bit grumpy. I think Jade has an admirer in Brandon, he tapped her on the shoulder when they were singing on the stage and he gave her a filthy look.

I took a couple of pics of her, but, true to form, I can't find the lead to download the pics off the camera, so will do that later. What a day to remember, and hopefully Nanna will get the chance to see the pic of her in her costume.

When I went to see Nanna, she had deteriorated since last time I saw her, and was very very weak. Mind you, she had all her wits about her, she even called Joe 'Baldy', after I cut his hair at weekend hehehe!!!! She reached out for my hand, and I took hold of hers. She gave my hand a squeeze, and mustered up all her energy to smile to me, which meant the world to me. I do hope I get the chance to see her again, but if not, I have some lovely memories of that visit.

I also know, deep down in my heart that I have been a good granddaughter, and we have had a very special relationship. Some of my best memories are, laughing at each other saying 'crap chicken', referring to some rancid looking chicken in a butchers in Clacton, also, when I won £40 at Gala in Clacton and I shared it with her.

I just hope I get that chance to hold her hand again.

Ess. x