« Home | Happy Birthday Nanna » | 'Away In A Manger' » | What Wonderful People » | Proud Mum Moment! » | Tagged by Sam!!! » | Birthday Cake and Ego Trips! » | See The Difference! » | A Little Bit Better » | The Big Day » | Throwing a Wobbly »

Farewell Nanna...

Well, as the title suggests, my dear Nanna passed away on Tuesday evening at 9.50pm. My mum rang at 10.05 and her first words were 'You don't have to be brave' and that was it, I went to pieces. Mum was with Nanna, and she died peacefully in her sleep.

The day after was a bit of a haze really, I dropped Jade off at school, then got 2 lovely bouquets from the florist, one for my mum and one for my Auntie Margaret. Maggie has no children, and I am her goddaughter so I thought it would be a nice gesture.

I was asked on Wednesday if there was anything I would like (of Nanna's) but I honestly haven't got a clue. I would just like to have something to remember Nanna by so I have got a pic that Nanna had beside her bed of me and Jade when Jade was about 4 hrs old, and a few other things that I will cherish.

Mum told me she has taken some things to the funeral directors that will go with Nanna. One of them is a teddy which says 'With love Grandma' , it was only later on that evening that I sussed that it was the teddy that I bought her when Granddad passed away. She loved teddies, I was so touched that she will now have that teddy with her forever.

The funeral is on Monday, I have just been told that we are travelling from Nanna's flat to the church in one of the funeral cars. I'm not going to try to be brave, I know no-one will be expecting me to be brave because they all know I am a softie, so I am just going to let it all out.

At the moment I feel a bit numb and not very sociable, I guess I may feel a bit better after the funeral, I don't know, we'll see.

I just want to thank everyone who has been of immense support to me over the last few months, all of my friends have been wonderful and I don't know what I would have done without them.

Ess. x