« Home | It's That Time Of Year! » | It's All Meme(me) » | What A Star!!! » | MINDBLOWING!!! » | The Final Countdown... » | All The Fun Of The Farm » | My Name Is Michael Caine! » | Phwoar! » | A Change Is As Good As A Rest! » | The Barber of Mill Hill »

What A Year...

Well... this morning was prizegiving assembly at school as they finish for the school holidays 7 weeks - eek!). I went and sat with my new friend Michelle, who is Ben's mum (Ben is Jade's 'boyfriend' he was in line for a certificate. We we like a couple of naughty schoolkids ourselves giggling at the headteacher who is very strict. She had to drag 'B' (B for bully, and also his name!) out of the front row because he is sooooo naughty.

The first awards were for Outstanding Achievements during the school year. I couldn't believe it when Jade's name was called out and I let out a little 'yaaaayyyy'! Both me and Michelle were filling up as Jade and Ben were stood there proud as punch. There were 5 kids out of Jade's class (of 15) who got certificates so I was well chuffed!

One of the teachers is leaving tomorrow, Mr Ford. He has lead the school football team to the national championships in London. They came first in the northern league, and all 11 team members got 4 medals this morning for something or other. Maybe that could be Joe in 8/9 years time!

I was a bit emotional, and when I got home I felt awful because John was looking after Joe while I took Jadey to school so he missed it all. I keep looking at her certificates and thinking how proud my Nanna and Granddad would be of her, whenever Jade gets something like that, I always used to ring Nanna first to tell her the good news, so this morning, I told her, just quietly in the back yard.

Wow, Jade has had a fabulous first year at school :) Well done sweetheart, glad you enjoy it cos you're stuck there for many years to come!!!! No wonder you are so proud Ess.
PS Nanna and Grandad already knew. xx

Yaaay Jadey Babes! You're such a clever maid! (That's Cornish speak btw Ess) You've made your mummy & daddy very very happy! I'm glad you whispered to your nanna & grandad Ess, I'm sure they were there right with you watching, but if they're by our side - it must be nice for them to hear you talk to them - I've done the same and it makes the world of difference, somehow you just feel better because of it.

You must be so proud to have two such lovely, happy and clever children.
Your nanna and grandad would of been looking down on Jade this morning feeling very proud of you as a mum and Jade for doing so well.

Bec x

ps like the new blog!

Ess, I didn't have time to read your blog but scrolled thru the page and LIKING the new layout!! But what I luuuuuuuuuurve most is your FAB new hair!!Just stunning!!Will read your Blog next week when I'm back in London.Love ya!
K

Wow, well dones Jade!

At Josh's Christmas play, our B was actually sitting there with his hands around Josh's neck trying to throttle him in full view of everyone!

Nana knew sweetie. She would have been watching and filling up herself as she watched Jade.
Jade really couldn't have had a better start could she? Just wonderful. How proud??!
Love Sx

Post a Comment