« Home | The Final Countdown... » | All The Fun Of The Farm » | My Name Is Michael Caine! » | Phwoar! » | A Change Is As Good As A Rest! » | The Barber of Mill Hill » | Twenty To Twelve » | A Toddler On The Edge!! » | Testing Testing... » | Ouch! »

MINDBLOWING!!!

That's the only way I could sum up the concert yesterday, I have put all the pics into a slideshow for you.




Vicky finally sussed where we were going when we were in the coach queue, it was such hard work keeping it a secret for her! Once on the coach, I got butterflies big time!

The ground is absolutely massive. It was the City of Manchester Stadium where the Commonwealth Games were held in 2002 and is now Manchester City's home ground.

I had my bag searched twice, my heart was in my mouth, I would have been gutted if they had confiscated my camera, but they didn't even look inside, I think if you show you are willing to have your bag searched, they can tell you have nothing to be confiscated. We walked onto the merchandise stall, and I bought a programme and a big banner with all 4 members on it, so wore it as a cape!

Once we finally got into our seats, we waited 2 hours for Beverley Knight to come on and she definately didn't disappoint. What a fabulous voice that woman has. It was quite emotional, like Sam has said before, the music vibrated throughout the whole ground, and I think her music is ace anyway. Sam rang me during one of her songs for a listen! I can't wait to get her greatest hits album now.

There was another long wait before the Sugababes came on, and they were awful (in my opinion), the backing music drowned out their singing (probably a good thing) and their microphones kept conking out. All their dances are the same and only Heidi smiled.

We found out that last night was the first ever Take That stadium concert, all the others have always been in indoor arenas!

I can't describe how awesome Take That were, I am still buzzing off the atmosphere (or is that the fuzzy noise still in my ears?)!

I said to my mum, isn't it funny how 10 years ago, everyone fancied Mark and Robbie, and last night, they were all slavvering over Howard! My mum said he looks like a 'very dirty boy' in the yummy sense of the word!!! MOTHER!!! Even Gary looked good, you could tell they had all been working out every hour god sent to get fit for the tour. So much work went into it and they didn't disappoint at all!

During Relight My Fire, Beverley Knight was meant to sing Lulu's bit but the old lady herself walked on stage and the crowd were gobsmacked. Her figure is amazing too, she was wearing a basque and looked fantastic in it!! There were loads of fireworks, and flames, it looked spectacular.

Robbie appeared in Could It Be Magic in a hologram and the crowd went wild. I tried to get a picture but couldn't get a very good one as it was a hologram, I had to faff around turning the flash off.

In Back For Good, there was rain coming down onto the stage, the boys were piss wet through, but were excellent, they said in the programme it was such a relief cos they were so hot!

Everyone came back on stage for Never Forget, apart from the Sugababes, miserable f*****s!!! We were all joining in with the clapping bit at the end, I took some video of it, but because I was joining in, you would get a bit dizzy watching it!

Here is Howards speech, you can't see him, but you can hear him, and get an idea of how vast and packed the ground was!



...and here is 'Never Forget'. As I said, it's very jumpy cos I was clapping AND taking the video but you can get a bit of the atmosphere and my pisstaking singing at the beginning!



It took us an hour to get off the car park and we arrived home at 1.30am, very tired but very, very happy!!!!!

...and now I'm off for some honey and lemon for my sore throat!!!

Wow!!! I now I spoke to you about it earlier and you said it was good, but that looks excellent. I was never a big TT fan (I always liked bad boys, they were too good back then!), but they do know how to do a show!!!!

Sue

Looks amazing Ess. You lucky bugger. I must admit, I was a Howard fan. I like the dreads back then and sssh, I wont say this loudly cos He's in the other room getting dressed but, I didn't fancy Robbie at all back then. He was far too clean cut. Only began to like him when he was alot older and solo.
Gotta go, Robs about to open the champers

Mwah mwah xxxxxxxxxxxx

Sounds like you all had a great night, what was your niece's reaction?
Hope your throat is now soothed and your ears are not ringing!

Bec x

Gawd Ess, your excitement just flows off the page! So glad you had a good time! They put you on massive highs don't they, events like these. Sooooooooooo jealous as I can just imagine how exciting it was. Hope the throat is better soon and your hair looks v v lovely.
V jealous too of Lulu! I love her. Really should have been a gay male me!
Roll on Nov when Robbie is with me (let him out of the wardrobe Kell!) and you are with Bev!
Love Sxxxxxxxxxxxx

WOWEEEEE. Blimey, how massive is that stadium??? I wonder if the in-laws could hear you screaming in Sale??? :)

So glad it all lived up to your expectations. But HOW quickly did it come round???? So scary!

Looks like a great time was had. My sister and brother in law are somewhere in that enormous crowd, I didn't realise they were going on the same night as you until I got a text from her there and then!!

Alx

Post a Comment