« Home | Your Inner Child... » | Together at Last » | Farewell Nanna... » | Happy Birthday Nanna » | 'Away In A Manger' » | What Wonderful People » | Proud Mum Moment! » | Tagged by Sam!!! » | Birthday Cake and Ego Trips! » | See The Difference! »

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Well, after getting to sleep at 3am, I woke at 7, along with Jade and John. We had to wake Joe up or I think he would have slept all morning! I was dying for the kids to open their pressies, probably more than they were! They both got some lovely clothes, Joe looks like a townie, cos he has loads of big hooded tops, and Jade looks like Vicky Pollard in her new pink Barbie tracksuit lol. I got a lovely gold watch off John, it was really beautiful, very dressy, but we both agreed to take it back and get one that I could wear every day.

First to arrive were Auntie Margaret and Uncle Tom, who had brought pressies for the kids, and I kid you not, theirs is Jade's fave pressie, I am sure, she got loads of crayons and felt tips by crayola, and A3 pads, she loves drawing so we have all been treated to Jadey originals! Joe was treated to yet more new clothes!!!

Both Jade and Joe got presents off my nanna. Jade got a beautiful musical tin with some german dairy free cakes in and Joe got a new outfit. Nanna had bought them when she went to Austria with Margaret.

Mum and Garry then arrived, Jade got a Bratz Baby, a Magna Doodle, and other bits and bobs, Joe got an outfit, and a car with a driver and when you push the driver down in his seat, the lights come on, the 'engine' starts up and it moves along then when it stops, it makes a noise like someone laughing! I love it! hehe!!! I got loads off my mum, a lovely charm bracelet, very unusual. I also got some bubble baths, a glass butterfly, a father christmas candle holder, a turquoise butterfly brooch, and some choccies.

After we had finished unwrapping our pressies, the champagne was opened, a very nice one, very expensive! We raised our glasses to Nanna and Granddad. I had a lump in my throat. It sounds obvious to say but life will never be the same without them.

Onto the dinner! I made turkey (for a change) which was lovely and moist, with buttered carrots, roast potatoes, parsnips, sprouts with chestnuts and crispy bacon, and date and walnut stuffing. It was bloody lovely, but we were all too stuffed to have any pudding, but luckily it is in date till March '07!

We had a lovely time, it is so lovely to watch my mum with the kids. Just as they were going, mum called me to the bottom of the stairs and gave me an angel made from felt. I remember this belonging to Nanna, and she told me to look in the pocket, and in a little pouch was Nanna's wedding ring and her favourite necklace. Apparently when she accepted that she was dying she told mum that she wanted me to have it. I was totally blown away, I was speechless. I still keep looking at it and thinking of Nanna.