« Home | What A Year... » | It's That Time Of Year! » | It's All Meme(me) » | What A Star!!! » | MINDBLOWING!!! » | The Final Countdown... » | All The Fun Of The Farm » | My Name Is Michael Caine! » | Phwoar! » | A Change Is As Good As A Rest! »

Messing About On The River

Today we went to Kirkby Lonsdale, a gorgeous village just outside the Lake District. I have been going there with John and the kids for a few years, and before that with my mum and Garry, my stepdad.

We went totally unprepared, we even had to duck into a chemists for some sun cream, we had a scorcher of a day (as did everyone else)! Thank god we managed to park up near Devils Bridge, and under a tree too so the car was nice and cool when we went back to it. We walked along the river into the village and went to the deli for some scrummy food. Loads of different olives, stuffed vine leaves, feta cheese stuffed peppers, oatcakes and lavender cheese (!!!) which is actually goooorgeous but very expensive. We took all the grub to the picnic area and the kids were so well behaved. The food was lovely and didn't break my diet! We carried on our walk back down the waters edge to where the kids could paddle (and Jade could use her new 'barbie' - ie. pink fishing net) and here are the pics...



And we sat and watched the complete nutters jumping off the bridge into the river, as you can see on this clip. You should have heard the noise as they hit the water, sounded mega painful!



...and here is one of John with Joe and Jade having a splash!



We managed to bribe them away with a promise of taking them to Toys R Us for Jade's pressie for getting her good report. She nagged us all the way home for a doll she can dress and take around in a car seat. Joe was more than happy to leave the shop with a 'diggit', yes he is a member of the 'Babycentre-I-love-diggers-club!

Right I am off to bed now, I am completely knackered, so not used to all that fresh air living in deepest, darkest Blackburn! Night all!!!

Blimey Ess, isn't it funny how the fresh air can totally knacker you out?! I always feel like that when I go home to Wales!
I fancy a trip to Kirkby Lonsdale now!

Looks like you all had a lovely day out, glad you remembered the sun cream!

Hope you had a good night's sleep!

Bec x

Oooh arrrr - good ol country air, you could bottle it and sell it! It took me about a month to get used to it when we moved to Cornwall! We'd all have little afternoon naps! Hehe! Looks like a wonderful little place to picnic Ess, glad you had such a nice day together with great pics xx

Oooh that stream looks gorgeous - I could have a paddle right now!

Looks like a perfect day out Ess, I love that part of the country, its so pretty.

ooh what a perfect day out,looks lovely. hurrah to bribary never fails eh?!!

What a nice day Miss DJ!!I love the Lake District, that's where Nia concieved (lol).
Looks like you had great fun!
x

Yay to another Dig Member! We need to get them stickers or something and a secret wink like they do in some car clubs!!!
Sure that place rings a bell and is near my sis.....anywhere near North Yorks or is my geography that bad???!
Deli sounded amazing!!!
Love Sx

Post a Comment